Click me...

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Minute Reflection #2

Psalm 16
I said to the Lord, “You are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.The sorrow of those will increase who run after other gods. I will not pour out their libations of blood or take up the names on my lips.Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup, you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places, surely I have a delightful inheritance.I will praise the Lord who counsels me even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices, my body also will rest secure because you will not abandon me to the grave nor will you let  your Holy One see decay.You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

This chapter reminds me of putting my complete confidence in the Lord. The first line opens up with a declarative statement of confidence to a trustworthy God. Followed by self realizations of the unworthiness of a human soul without God..
Life with its ups and downs can be very confusing, tiring and endless toil of restlessness….As believers we are not spare to experience the effects of our fallen world. But amidst all these life is still beautiful and worth living because we have a faithful God who dispose our lives not by chance nor according to how we do well in working hard on it, but by a loving hand and divinely wisdom directs each course with the best interest in mind to give what is best and carve every minute details to produce a beautiful person in us who will reflect a beautiful God. We have hope in the Lord....
LORD let me rejoice in the best portion you had allotted for me-your loving hands filled me in…thus my cup runneth over…sheltered by an awesome God so I am and my lot is secure-no one can take it away from me…YOU WILL SEE ME THROUGH….THROUGH it all….I AM COMPLETE…for YOU WILL MAKE ME SO……
I will remain in you for unless I am with you life will be meaningless…you are my joy-in you alone I will find pleasure for you are my world…

No comments:

Post a Comment